Becoming an air hostess is the dream of many teenage girls. They wish to have wings and being an air hostess does that- Give wings to your dreams. Joining the aviation field has many perks. You get to travel the majority of the World, meet celebrities all the time, get an insight into various different cultures and their people and most importantly the salary is amazing.
You can however become one even after completing your 12th standard. The air and aviation courses in this category are numerous to choose from.
Courses you can opt for after 12th for becoming an Air Hostess:
1. Diploma in Air Hostess Training
It is a civil aviation program that trains you for the duties of an air hostess from the time of departure to the landing. It requires you to understand the basics of every duty to be performed in order to keep the passengers. The course duration is twelve months and the admission procedure depends upon the merit basis. It requires you to clear a basic general knowledge and language test with a round of personal interview. The major subjects include aviation, hospitality, travel and tourism, communication skills, customer care, first aid training etc.
2. Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management is a civil aviation program that is both a field of work and field of study. It is a 12-month course that will make you acquainted with aviation duties, cabin familiarization, galley management and announcement duties. The major subjects include CRS management, personality development, self-grooming, foreign language, fares & ticketing etc.
3. Diploma in Global Aviation, Hospitality Management and Customer Service
It is a twelve-month long diploma course which will make you acquainted with the rules and regulations of the subjects such as Conversational English, Grooming, Galileo and Interview Preparation. The minimum age to apply for the course is 17 to 14 years and 10+2 is the minimum educational qualification.
Some of the other certification courses you can apply for the air hostess training after class 12 are:
- Certificate Course in Aviation Management
- Certificate Course in Air Hostess/Flight Purser
- Certificate Course in Aviation and Hospitality Services
- Certificate Course in Night Rating
- Certificate Course in Aviation Hospitality & Travel Management
- Certificate Course in Hospitality Travel and Customer Service
- Certificate Course in International Airlines and Travel Management
Selection procedure for the course-
- Initial Screening test: This test insures that you clear the eligibility criteria required to become an air hostess including the personal traits as well as the individual requirements like height, weight and eye sides plus the educational qualifications.
- Written Examination: The written examination is basically for testing your average skills and your qualification. It includes an aptitude test with general knowledge questions and general English.
- GD+PI: Group discussion is basically for determining your confidence levels and whether or not you will be able to handle the crowd at its worst. The personal interview is the final step of the selection procedure which will allow you to represent yourself before the superiors in the field.
- 2-3 months training (For the selected candidates)
Beside 12th passed normal requirement for become Air Hostess as follows:
- Age: Less than 25
- Height : Mini. 154.5-157.5 cm (barefeet)[Air Hostess], 170-180 cms[Flight Steward]
- Weight : Proportionate to height (Depends upon company)
- Status : Unmarried
- Vision : 6/24 in each eye (Normal eye sight)
- Education: Graduation/ Plus two + Diploma in Hotel management and Catering (3 years)
- Language: National language + least one international language
Personal traits required for clearing the final interview-
- Amazing learning skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Better at organizing things
- Polite communication skills
- Fluency in command
- Presence of mind
- Pleasing personality
- Positive attitude
- Flexible work hour comfortability
- Team work
The air hostess training institutes and colleges will guide you along the way in the variety of sectors that are must-known in the avaition industry such as:
- Self Grooming
- Communication Skills
- Make- Up Skilla
- Appearance and Postures.
- Customer Handling
- Body Language
- Voice Modulation
- Chandling the Complaints
- Technical Terms
- Listening Techniques
- Inflight Services
- Airlines thorough knowledge
Some major institutes for applying for the courses after 12th-
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess, New Delhi and Mumbai
- Air Hostess Academy, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Delhi, Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics, Jaipur
- Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai
- Rai University, Ahmedabad.
- Jet Airways Training Academy
- Bombay Flying Club College of Aviation
- Kingfisher Training Academy
Do check out our blog post on Top 10 Courses in Chandigarh for Career Growth.