Common Management Admission Test(CMAT) is a national level entrance test led by All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) consistently as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Government of India. The CMAT is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a session to assess the applicant’s ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. AICTE will conduct CMAT 2018 on 20th January for admission to the colleges that offer MBA and for those which run postgraduate diploma in management programs.
CMAT permits B schools to screen candidates that best suit their prerequisites. Every year, scores of aspirants take this exam, which is considered one of the toughest entrance exams.
While it’s time to pace up for CMAT 2018 prep, students must avoid these to steer clear of the following common pitfalls.
Pitfalls to avoid in CMAT 2018:
1. Not knowing the ideal number of attempts is like building a house without the blueprint. One must have a fair idea of the number of attempts.
2. Being too ambitious in terms of the number of attempts. For aceing CMAT 2018, the rule is simple – Worship Accuracy. Any student attempting more than 70 questions is either a potential topper or a consummate disaster.
3. Do not be distressed about GK or try to over-prepare for it. It is the most random section and your score will reflect your ingrained reading habits.
4. Appearing for the actual exam without adequate mock exam practice. You must appear for at least 10 mock exams of varying difficulty level.
5. Having a pre-decided absolute target score(say 200+). The absolute scores would depend on the difficulty level. What matters is your ranking and not the score.
6. Do not study too hard just the day before the exam. Sleep for at least seven to eight hours the previous day.
7. Do not over-attempt in the language comprehension section – especially the critical reasoning questions. Fifteen good attempts in this section would do the trick for most of the students.
8. Do not get put off to a bad start. CMAT 2018 is a long exam of three hours and there are no restrictions in terms of sectional time limits or cut off scores. So even if you have a less than ideal start, you can easily recover if you are mentally strong.