All the Indian residents who wish to study in Germany require a German Study Visa. You can apply for the visa through the German embassy or through any consulate in your city.
The process of visa application for Germany takes upto 3 months, so it is better to apply in advance in order to be safe and not missing the deadline. The German Embassy will guide you with all the details of applying for the visa.
The documents you require for applying for a visa:-
- Completed application form
- Two photographs
- A German University Acceptance Letter
- Academic Records Transcript
- Certificate of German language proficiency or proof that you intend on attending a language course in Germany (if studying in German)
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while living in Germany
- Health Insurance Certificate
- Declaration of authenticity of documents submitted
- You might need to show that you have no criminal record to the embassy before applying for the visa and also that you have sufficient funds to support your living expenses as well as course fees for the duration of your stay.
- On arrival in Germany, you will also have to apply for resident for a resident permit, if the duration of your stay is more than 90 days. First of all you will have to register with the local Alien Registration Office within two weeks of arrival.
- After this, you have to apply for resident permit only for study purpose. All the details and documents necessary for presenting are same that were presented at the time of Visa application with an included resident permit fees. For courses taught in German, international students need to provide a TestDaf or DSH score, or, for English-taught courses, you’ll need to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- You are allowed to work in Germany with your student visa but only for the duration of 120 days per year or 240 half days.