Canada is the most preferred country for Indians to migrate permanently. Be its cultural diversity, flexible immigration procedures, Indian societies, democratic believes or excellent career opportunities, they all the reasons for luring hundreds of Indian residents to the Country and applying for a permanent residence.
There are several immigration programs in Canada that are mostly point based which allows you to apply for a permanent residence such as:-
- Express Entry System
- You must be eligible for applying to these immigration programs which are point based in order to get the PR.
Now, What are the benefits of getting a Canadian PR?
- You can live, study and work anywhere and anytime in Canada for the duration of your choice be it be lifetime
- You can apply for Canadian Citizenship 3 years after getting the PR
- Get all the health care benefits from the Canadian Govt just like a Canadian citizen
- You are eligible for employment related benefits such as low tax rate system
- You will be protected under Canadian Law
- Issued with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom
Requirements for applying a PR in Canada:-
Complete the program with a definite and required period of time
- Must have cleared the language proficiency tests for either English or French such as IELTS
- Must have the education qualification according to the Canadian education system or equivalent
- Minimum required funds to settle down in Canada
- Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report
- Health and Police clearance
Pathways for getting Canadian PR from India:
There are many programs available for you to choose from in order to apply for a Permanent Residency from India. All these programs are point based.
- Skilled Immigrants Program( Express Entry System)
This is the most common and trusted pathway to get Canadian PR. you will be selected on the basis of your ability to settle in Canada or your positive contribution towards the economy as a skilled worker. Various factors on which your profile would be judged includes:-
- Work experience
- English proficiency
Federal Express Entry System allows you to apply for a Canadian PR as a skilled worker.
Express Entry system was launched in 2915 in order for the skilled workers to migrate to Canada. All the factors listed above will be included in assessing your form for the PR in Canada.
2. Self Employed Person Program
A foreign national with a relevant work experience that can be self employed in Canada and contribute to the economy there. Selection criteria involves the factors:-
- Language proficiency
You are required to meet all the security and medical requirements for applying as a self employed person.
3. Provincial Nominee Program
This program is for those who have nomination from any province or state in Canada under their agreement from the Govt of Canada. You need to apply directly to any province to be termed as its PNP.
There are 2 stages for applying for a PNP( Provincial Nominee Program)
- Directly apply to the PNP province or state and they will review your application based on terms: your points and whether you will be suitable there or not.
- Apply to IRCC( Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada). They will review the application according to the Canadian rules.
4. Quebec Skilled Workers Program
These are for investors or entrepreneurs. Quebec state has an agreement from Canadian Govt for hiring immigrants in order to meet the workpower for labour and economy.
You can apply for QSWP in two stages:
- Apply to Quebec Govt for the Certificate Of Selection(CSQ)
- Apply to IRCC
5. Sponsorship Programs
Under 18 applicants can get immigrated to Canada on the PR basis if any close relative having a PR in Canada can sponsor you under Family Class Immigration.
The relatives allowed are:-
- Your dependent child
- Your spouse
- Common law partner
- Other eligible relatives